Monday, August 8, 2011

Missing: Squiggly

Scripture Reference: Acts 27-28

A lesson about God’s provision.Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. – Hebrews 11:1

Cast:
OZZIE – an excitable little monster
SQUIGGLY – Ozzie’s pet worm
MR. MATT – the teacher who sets him straight

Props:
None

(MR. MATT is on stage when OZZIE enters.)

OZZIE: (frantic) Mr. Matt! Mr. Matt!

MR. MATT: What is it, Ozzie?

OZZIE: He's missing! He's gone astray! I've searched high & low, hither & yon, betwixt & between! I can't fine him! He's lost! He's lost I tell you! He's gone!!

MR. MATT: Who's gone?

OZZIE: Squiggly's gone. I can't find him anywhere.

MR. MATT: I'm sorry to hear that.

OZZIE: Hey, Caleb! Have you seen, Squiggly? (Ask several kids taking time to interact & improvise.) How about you, Mr. Matt? Have you seen Squiggly?

MR. MATT: No, I haven't, but I'm sure he'll come back.

OZZIE: That's what my mama said. She said I needed to rely on God's pro-, pro-, pro volone.

MR. MATT: Provision?

OZZIE: That's what my mama said. To trust in God's provision to bring him back.

MR. MATT: Your mama sounds like a very wise woman.

OZZIE: That's what my mama said.

MR. MATT: So do you trust God to provide?

OZZIE: It's not easy, but I'll try.

(SQUIGGLY appears. MR. MATT notices; OZZIE does not.)

MR. MATT: I have a feeling it's all going to work out.

OZZIE: You think so?

MR. MATT: I know so.

(SQUIGGLY taps OZZIE.)

OZZIE: Squiggly!!

SQUIGGLY: (spoken with a kazoo) Ozzie!

OZZIE: Where have you been, you silly worm?

SQUIGGLY: (provides a long, unintelligible explanation)

OZZIE: (to MR. MATT) He says he was visiting his friend Squigbert, and he left me note by my hairbrush.

MR. MATT: And you didn't see it?

OZZIE: I forget to brush my hair.

MR. MATT: How long has he been gone?

OZZIE: Four days.

MR. MATT: You haven't brushed your hair in four days?

OZZIE: Do I look like I brush my hair everyday?

MR. MATT: True. I guess he should have put it my your toothbrush.

OZZIE: Do I look like I brush my teeth everyday? (exits quickly)

(SQUIGGLY exits quickly)

MR. MATT: Ozzie!

No comments: