Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cleaning House

Scripture Reference: Exodus 13:17-14:31
Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. – Deuteronomy 6:5
A lesson in our new life in Christ and not looking back.

Cast:
OZZIE – a mischievous little monster
MR. MIKE – the teacher who sets him straight

Props:
none

(OZZIE enters "dying" while MR. MIKE is on stage.)

OZZIE: Aaaah! I think I'm dyin'!

MR. MIKE: What's the matter, Ozzie?

OZZIE: Well, I was cleaning my room…

MR. MIKE: I've seen your room. I can understand why you think you’re dying.

OZZIE: (indignant) It wasn't my room, Mr. Mike.

MR. MIKE: Sorry, Ozzie. Please finish your story.

OZZIE: So I was cleaning my room, and I found a candy bar under my bed.

MR. MIKE: What kind of candy bar was it?

OZZIE: I'm not sure. The wrapper was off.

MR. MIKE: Well, what kind of candy bar did it look like?

OZZIE: I couldn't really tell. It was all covered with dust bunnies and was sorta weird green color.

MR. MIKE: I bet that looked disgusting.

OZZIE: You think it looked disgusting? It tasted even worse!

MR. MIKE: Ozzie! You didn't really eat that candy bar did you?

OZZIE: (reluctantly) Just a little bite.

MR. MIKE: Ozzie! That was dangerous. You have no ideas how long that had been under your bed. You shouldn't have even taken a little bite.

OZZIE: I know that now.

MR. MIKE: I'm glad. We don't want anything bad to happen to you.

OZZIE: Well, I better get going.

MR. MIKE: What are you off to?

OZZIE: Um. Um. I'd rather not say.

MR. MIKE: Ozzie! You were going to take another bite of that yucky old candy bar. Weren't you?

OZZIE: (ashamed) Yes.

MR. MIKE: Why in the world would you go back for another bite of that disgusting candy bar?

OZZIE: I know it's gross, but it's better than nothing.

MR. MIKE: Better than nothing? Ozzie, I'm sure your mom has all kinds of good food for you to eat.

OZZIE: Maybe, but what if she forgot to go to the store?

MR. MIKE: Don't go back to something bad. Trust your mom to take care of you.

OZZIE: Yeah, you're right, Mr. Mike. I'll throw that candy bar away and get something different to eat.

MR. MIKE: That's a good fellow.

OZZIE: I think I saw a purplish banana under by bed. (disappears)

MR. MIKE: Ozzie!!

No comments: