Monday, January 18, 2010

Do This in Remembrance – Part 1

Scripture Reference: Exodus 12:1-13:16, 1 Corinthians 11:17-34

A lesson in remembering God's power and deliverance.

Cast:
OZZIE – a mischievous little monster
MR. MIKE – the teacher who sets him straight

Props:
Sombrero, maracas

(OZZIE enters singing while MR. MIKE is on stage.)

OZZIE: ¯ ¡La cucaracha, la cucaracha, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! ¯

MR. MIKE: You look very festive, Ozzie.

OZZIE: Hola, Mr. Mike. I just got back from Mexico where I bought this sweet sombrero and maracas.

MR. MIKE: You look very handsome.

OZZIE: Gracias, Mr. Mike. I had such a great time, I bought these, so I could remember my vacation.

MR. MIKE: Where in Mexico did you go?

OZZIE: (pause) I don't remember, but I had a great time! ¯ ¡La cucaracha, la cucaracha! ¯

MR. MIKE: Did you do anything fun in Mexico?

OZZIE: (pause) I don't remember, but I had a great time! ¯ ¡La cucaracha, la cucaracha! ¯

MR. MIKE: Did you try any yummy Mexican food while you were there?

OZZIE: (pause) I don't remember, but I had a great time! ¯ ¡La cucaracha, la cucaracha! ¯

MR. MIKE: Ozzie! Do you actually remember anything from your trip to Mexico?

OZZIE: (hopefully) I remember my sweet sombrero and maracas.

MR. MIKE: Those are the things you bought to remember your trip. If you don't actually remember your trip, then they are just a hat and a couple of rattles.

OZZIE: (sadly) I'm a bad little monster.

MR. MIKE: No, you aren't.

OZZIE: But I don't even remember my trip.

MR. MIKE: Ask your mom & dad to tell you about it. Then when you see your sombrero and maracas, you can remember your trip.

OZZIE: That's a swell idea, Mr. Mike. I'm going to find them right now.

MR. MIKE: That's a good fellow.

OZZIE: Bye (disappears then reappears) Now where was I going? I forgot.

MR. MIKE: You can't have forgotten already.

OZZIE: Just joking. (disappears singing)

MR. MIKE: Ozzie!

No comments: