Monday, October 26, 2009

Harrumph!

Scripture Reference: Genesis 21:1-7, 22:1-19

A lesson in faith and sacrifice.

Through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me. – Genesis 22:18Cast:
OZZIE – a mischievous little monster
MISS REBECCA – the teacher who sets him straight

Props:
none

(MISS REBECCA is on stage chatting with the kids.)

OZZIE: Harrumph!

MISS REBECCA: (continues chatting)

OZZIE: Harrumph!!!

MISS REBECCA: (continues chatting)

OZZIE: HARRUMPH!!!

MISS REBECCA: (turning to OZZIE) Is something wrong, Ozzie?

OZZIE: (dejected) My mom made me get off the PlayStation to come to church.

MISS REBECCA: Is that so horrible?

OZZIE: But I was about to defeat Doc Ock in Legos Spider-Man. I had just used by spider-sense to build a switch and enter his lair. I had disabled his robotic tentacles and was just about to destroy the reactor. Then I just need to defeat Doc Ock, so I could do freeplay and unlock the black suit Spider-Man.

MISS REBECCA: Well, you can finish playing after church.

OZZIE: That's just it. I can't! Mom won't let me play this afternoon.

MISS REBECCA: Did you do something wrong?

OZZIE: No!

MISS REBECCA: Is it broken?

OZZIE: No!

MISS REBECCA: Then why can't you play?

OZZIE: (mockingly) Because we have to work at the homeless shelter.

MISS REBECCA: But that's a good thing.

OZZIE: So?

MISS REBECCA: So can't you sacrifice one afternoon of PlayStation to help homeless people?

OZZIE: But didn't you hear what I said? I'm about to get the Symbiote and the black Spider-Man suit!

MISS REBECCA: God will bless you for your sacrifice.

OZZIE: That's what my mom said, but how do I know He really will?

MISS REBECCA: You have to have faith.

OZZIE: I'm loaded with faith, but what if God doesn't come through?

MISS REBECCA: Ozzie! Didn't God bless you the time you and your family helped your neighbors after they lost their jobs?

OZZIE: Yeah, but…

MISS REBECCA: What about the time you went on that mission trip?

OZZIE: Sure, but…

MISS REBECCA: And what about when you made friends with that new kid at school that the everyone else was teasing?

OZZIE: I get it. I get it. I need to have faith that God will take care of everything if I am obedient to Him.

MISS REBECCA: That's right. You can have faith that God will take care of you, because He always has it the past.

OZZIE: I guess I can give up my PlayStation for one afternoon. Besides, Doc Ock will still be there tomorrow.

MISS REBECCA: That's it. Good for you, Ozzie.

OZZIE: Besides, I can always bring my Game Boy. I'm about to become a Jedi Master on Clone Wars! (disappears)

MISS REBECCA: Ozzie!

No comments: