Monday, September 14, 2009

Creation

Scripture Reference: Genesis 1:1-2:3

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.– Genesis 1:1Cast:
OZZIE – a mischievous little monster
MR. MATT – his patient teacher

Props:
A watch on OZZIE's arm.

(MR. MATT is already on stage. OZZIE enters and calls him over.)

OZZIE: Oh, Mr. Matt, Mr. Matt, Mr. Matt. I'm so excited, so excited, so excited. I found it. It was just lying there, and I found it, and now it's mine, mine, mine.

MR. MATT: (walks over to OZZIE) Ozzie, calm down. What is it you found?

OZZIE: Mr. Matt, Mr. Matt, I found a watch. A watch, a watch I found. I found it, and it is mine, mine, mine.

MR. MATT: I thought you already had a watch.

OZZIE: I did, but I wore it to my uncle's ranch and dropped it in the sheep dip, and it killed all the ticks.

MR. MATT: (groans) Are you going to return the watch to whomever it belongs to?

OZZIE: But it doesn't belong to anyone. Nope, nope. Not anybody; not anyone at all. I found it in the parking lot. There was no one around, no one touching it, no one looking at it. No one, no one. Doesn't belong to anyone. It is mine, mine, mine.

MR. MATT: It belongs to someone. Watches don't just appear out of nowhere in parking lots.

OZZIE: (shocked) They don't?!?

MR. MATT: (chuckling) No, they don't, Ozzie. Where do you think watches come from?

OZZIE: I don’t know. It was just lying there in the parking lot, and no one was around, and no one was touching it, and no one was looking at it. So I thought it just appeared there, and no one made it, and no one dropped it, and it is mine, mine, mine.

MR. MATT: (accusingly) Ozzie! You know better than that. Tell me about that watch.

OZZIE: Well, it's round and has little spin-y hands.

MR. MATT: And inside are gears and wheels that make those hands spin. That can't just happen by chance. Someone had to make that watch.

OZZIE: But I heard that the whole universe was created in a big explosion, and everything just came together and worked. So maybe there was a little (explosion sound), and that's how the watch was made. And now it's mine, mine, mine.

MR. MATT: I don't think you have all of your facts straight. The universe was created by God; it didn't just happen by chance. Anything complex needs a creator. Whether it's the universe – or your watch. Someone created that watch, Ozzie, and it belongs to someone.

OZZIE: (sourly) Okay, okay, okay. You're right. It must belong to someone. I'll put it in the lost and found.

MR. MATT: Good job, Ozzie. You're doing the right thing.

OZZIE: Thanks. (to the audience in a stage whisper) Good thing I didn’t tell Mr. Matt about the Game Boy I found. (quickly disappears)

MR. MATT: OZZIE!!!

No comments: