Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Snack Time

Scripture Reference: Mark 14:12-26, 1 Corinthians 11:23-26

Do this in remembrance of me.A lesson about Communion and remembrance.

Cast: OZZIE – an excitable little monster; MR. MATT – the teacher who sets him straight

(OZZIE appears and starts looking around.)

MR. MATT: What are you looking for, Ozzie?

OZZIE: I'm looking for the snack tray I saw you making earlier, Mr. Matt.

MR. MATT: What are you talking about?

OZZIE: I saw you in the kitchen earlier this morning making a snack tray, but I didn't see where you put it.

MR. MATT: I don't know what you are talking about.

OZZIE: You know. The snack tray. The one with the bread and the juice.

MR. MATT: Oh! That's not a snack tray. That was for Communion.

OZZIE: Communion. Snack. Same thing. Where is it? I'm hungry!

MR. MATT: Ozzie! Communion is so much more than snack time. Communion is... (at this point share what Communion means to you personally)

OZZIE: Well, that's completely different than snack time!

MR. MATT: Very different. I'm glad you can see that.

OZZIE: But I'm still hungry.

MR. MATT: Sorry, I can't help you with that.

OZZIE: I saw Mr. Jeff with bread and juice, too. I'm going to see if he's having snack time. (exits)

MR. MATT: Ozzie!

No comments: