Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On the Bubble

Scripture Reference: Nehemiah 1-13

A lesson in rebuilding.
I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. – Psalm 13:5
Cast:
OZZIE – an excitable little monster
MISS STARR – the teacher who sets him straight

Props:
None

(MISS STARR is on stage talking to the children. OZZIE peaks over the stage and looks around. MISS STARR finally notices.)

MISS STARR: Ozzie, what in the world are you doing?

OZZIE: I’m making sure my mommy and daddy aren’t here.

MISS STARR: They aren’t here. Why are you avoiding them?

OZZIE: ‘Cause I’m not sure they love me any more.

MISS STARR: Ozzie! I’m sure your parents love you. Why would you think they don’t.

OZZIE: They were really mad at me, and they put me in timeout for 70 minutes.

MISS STARR: Why 70 minutes?

OZZIE: Because of my sister Izzie standing where she shouldn’t have been.

MISS STARR: You got 70 minutes of timeout, because Izzie was standing in the wrong place?

OZZIE: Yeah! I told her not to stand in front of me when I was chewing bubblegum, but she just stood there and kept talking to me.

MISS STARR: What was she talking to you about?

OZZIE: She was went on and on about how I wasn’t suppose to be chewing gum.

MISS STARR: Well, why didn’t you say that in the first place? You got a timeout for being disobedient. Did Izzie tattle?

OZZIE: Only after the bubble popped.

MISS STARR: What bubble?

OZZIE: The bubble that popped right where she was standing.

MISS STARR: It popped on Izzie?

OZZIE: Uh-huh.

MISS STARR: Was it a big bubble?

OZZIE: Oh yeah!

MISS STARR: How big?

OZZIE: You know how I got timeout for 70 minutes?

MISS STARR: Yes.

OZZIE: That was 10 minutes for every gum.

MISS STARR: You had 7 sticks of gum in your mouth?

OZZIE: No!

MISS STARR: Then what did you have?

OZZIE: Ever hear of Bubble Tape?

MISS STARR: Yeah.

OZZIE: I had 7 feet of gum.

MISS STARR: Ozzie! That’s too much gum!

OZZIE: Well, I know that now.

MISS STARR: How big was the bubble?

OZZIE: Have you ever seen Raiders of the Lost Ark?

MISS STARR: Sure.

OZZIE: You know that scene at the beginning where Indie switches the bag for the statue?

MISS STARR: The bubble was as big as the sack?

OZZIE: No.

MISS STARR: As big as the statue?

OZZIE: No.

MISS STARR: You don’t mean it was as huge as the ball that came rolling towards Indie, do you?

OZZIE: Uh-huh.

MISS STARR: Oh my! That must have completely covered your sister with gum.

OZZIE: Not completely. (pause) The bottoms of her feet didn’t get any gum on them.

MISS STARR: Ozzie! I can see why your parents were so made.

OZZIE: I know.

MISS STARR: Not only were you disobedient, but you made a huge mess.

OZZIE: I know. I know.

MISS STARR: So now you’re avoiding your parents.

OZZIE: They don’t love me any more.

MISS STARR: I’m sure they do love you, but they are also disappointed in you.

OZZIE: And mad.

MISS STARR: I’m sure they are.

OZZIE: Really mad.

MISS STARR: But you can fix it. You need to work on being obedient. Show them that you can be trusted.

OZZIE: But they are really, REALLY mad.

MISS STARR: They’ll get over it. Your parents will never stop loving you no matter how made they get.

OZZIE: Even when they are really, really, REALLY mad?

MISS STARR: Even then. You can rebuild your relationship.

OZZIE: Oh. Well, I think I’ve learned my lesson, Miss Starr.

MISS STARR: I’m glad to hear that, Ozzie.

OZZIE: And I’ve also learned not to blow bubbles with 7 feet of bubblegum.

MISS STARR: Well, I hope not.

OZZIE: Except when Izzie’s around. She looked so funny covered with gum. (exits)

MISS STARR: Ozzie!

No comments: