Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Parable of the Lost Board
(Parables of the Lost Sheep & the Lost Coin)

Scripture Reference: Luke 15:1-10

A retelling of the parables of the lost sheep and coin, bro'.
Also before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal. - Revelation 4:6
Cast:
MOOSE – a surfer dude (this name can be changed to match the person doing the character)

Costume:
Baggies; Huarache sandals; bushy, bushy blonde hairdo; etc.

Props:
Maybe a surf or boogie board.

(MOOSE enters and address the audience.)

MOOSE: Greetings, li'l dudes and dudettes. I hope you are having a most righteous day. My day started out a rather bogus, but it has turned out to be totally awesome. So sit right back, you'll hear the tale. Chaaa. Ya see, I love surf boards, even though you can't exactly surf around here. I mean can you imagine trying to shoot the curl on Lake Bardwell. Chaaa. Anyway, I have like this gnarly quiver of surfboards. I have like 100 of 'em, dude: longboards, boogie boards, skimboards, fibros, guns, pop-ups, thrusters. I even got one woody parsnip from like 1965. Dude, that's like almost prehistoric!

So anyway, I'm waxing my boards this morning, when I realize I only got like 99 boards. Woahhh, like one of my boards was gone, dude! Now I know what you're thinking; you're all like, "Bro, why ya getting' so amped? You still got like 99 cherry boards." But, dude, check it, I gotta have my board. So I searched all over for it. I looked under my bed, in the closet, in the attic. Dude, I was like garshed from looking everywhere when I was like, "Duh! I know where it is, bro." I remembered it I was hangin' 10 in the bathtub. I was so stoked that I was like, "Woahhhhhh! This is so sweet! Wake the neighbors! Wake the kids! Wake the neighbors' kids! Rejoice with me for I have found my lost board!"

So li'l dudes and dudettes, just like my board was like lost and now is found and I rejoiced because it's so cherry, all of us have been lost and when we are found, God rejoices because He thinks we are so TOTALLY cherry! Woahhhhhh , isn't that da bomb?

Well, I need to wax down my surfboard. I can't wait for June. Later!

(MOOSE surfs out.)

No comments: