Friday, October 3, 2014

Filled with the Holy Spirit


Scripture Reference:  Acts 3-4

A lesson about the power of the Holy Spirit.
We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. – 1 John 3:16

Cast:
            PROPHET – a Bible prophet
            NARRATOR

Props:
A representation of the Holy Spirit (e.g., flaming tongue, dove, cloud) lowered on a string.

Notes:
The opening monolog can be shortened or lengthened as necessary.  The point is that without the Holy Spirit he is just a clanging cymbal.
The message of the closing paragraph can be modified to have different content according to your needs.

(The PROPHET enters.)

PROPHET:  (in a stammering, halting manner) G-g-g-g-ood m-m-mor…, um, G-g-g-ood m‑morning, b-b-b-oys and g-g-girls.  I, uh, I, uh, I, uh, I would like to – well, I don't know if I would like to as much as I need to – well, need may be too strong…  A‑a‑anyway, God – I-I-I mean the Lord – w-well, the Lord God – He, uh, He, uh, H‑h‑he w-w-wants you to know – well, you probably already know – well, you may not actually know, but you've told – well, maybe you haven't been told, but someone has been told th-that God – I-I-I mean the Lord – w-well, the Lord God – He, uh, He, uh, H‑h‑he really – and when I say really, I mean really, really – He really…

(the PROPHET pauses and takes a deep breath)

PROPHET:  Dear God, please send Your spirit and give me the words to speak?

(the Holy Spirit starts to lower then touches the PROPHET)

PROPHET:  (in a confident, firm manner)  The Lord God wants you to know that you must change your hearts and lives!  Turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.  God has raised up his servant Jesus and sent him to you first to bless you by turning each of you away from doing evil.  Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.

NARRATOR:  "After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken.  And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly."  [Acts 4:31 (NIV)]

No comments: