Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Worship – Part 6

Scripture Reference: Revelation 4
Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come. - Revelation 4:8
A skit that reviews the previous skits and discusses worship in Heaven.

Cast:
Pam – Worship Leader
Jeff – Person who doesn’t know how to worship

Props:
none

(During the opening song, Jeff sings, raises his hands, and doesn’t nothing to disrupt praise this week.)

Pam: Jeff, I am so proud of you.

Jeff: Well, thank you. I’ve worked really heard, and it’s nice to get some recognition for it.

Pam: Do you even know what I’m talking about?

Jeff: Uh, no.

Pam: You sang that praise song without me having to get on to you.

Jeff: Oh, that. Yeah, I guess I have been a bit of pain the last few weeks.

Pam: A bit?!?

Jeff: Hey!

Pam: So you don’t find it undignified or girly?

Jeff: Not at all. I realized we are all warriors in God’s army, like David, and we should celebrate God with our whole hearts.

Pam: Wow, it sounds like you must have had a good day.

Jeff: Not really, but I’ve also learned that we’re suppose worship God even when things aren’t going well. In fact, we need that time with God even more.

Pam: In the last chapter Habakkuk, he tells about all these terrible things than have happened to him, but then he says, “yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.”

Jeff: That’s right, because I’ve also learned that worship isn’t about me. It is about God, and sometimes we may do a song I don’t like or I’m tired of, but that’s okay.

Pam: Wow! And you’re not too busy to worship?

Jeff: I’m still very busy, but I have to make spending time with God a priority. I wouldn’t be too happy if I went to a restaurant and was served leftovers. Why would I want to serve God my leftovers?

Pam: And I even saw you lift your hand during worship.

Jeff: Yeah, I still feel a little funny about lifting both hands, but I like lifting one hand. I feel like I’m reaching out for God.

Pam: That’s fine. You may get comfortable enough to raise both hands some day. Or you may always raise one hand. Whatever God leads you to do.

Jeff: There is one thing still that bothers me.

Pam: What’s that?

Jeff: Well, I’ve spent half my life not worshipping God right. I wish I had more time to do it the right way.

Pam: You have all eternity to worship God.

Jeff: What?!?

Pam: The book of Revelation gives us a picture of heaven, and it describes incredible worship. Imagine actually being AT the throne of God worshipping Him.

Jeff: That sounds amazing!

Pam: Revelation 4 says, “before the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal. . . . Day and night they never stop saying: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.’”

Jeff: That sounds familiar.

Pam: Those words make it into a lot of hymns and praise songs.

Jeff: I can see why. What a great image, and what an incredible thing to look forward to.

Pam: It just so happens that we are about to sing two of those hymns now.

Jeff: Well, that worked out well. Let’s sing!

No comments: